Experience Matters In Motorcycle Accident Claims
If you have been in a motorcycle accident because of the negligence or fault of someone else or because of reasons that do not involve your fault, you can file for damages. In such cases, a lawyer experienced in motorcycle accidents can help you understand what the legalities might entail and how to navigate the lawsuit. But you won’t need an attorney if you injured yourself when you accidentally hit a wall or a tree with absolutely no fault of anyone else.
When To Hire A Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Knowing when to hire a lawyer to assist with your auto accident can help you get the best possible help toward getting your damages:
- You are entitled to seek damages if your motorcycle accident was caused because of bad roads or any obstacle on the road.
- If your accident occurred due to damaged traffic lights or incorrect signage on the roads, you could file for damages.
- Your accident could be because of negligence or the fault of another motorist or driver. These situations may involve drowsy, drunk or distracted drivers. In such cases, a person is liable for compensation.
- The accident could result in severe injuries causing permanent body damage that could lead to loss of job or income. In cases of death due to motorcycle accidents, a spouse or children could file for damages.
How An Attorney Can Help You
There are several reasons why you should hire a lawyer if you have been in a motorcycle accident:
- Your lawyer can help you in your case by informing you of the laws under which your lawsuit might be operating. There are federal laws regarding accident cases. Then there are state laws for motorcycle accidents that might differ. A lawyer well-versed in laws related to your injury and lawsuit can help you get your compensation.
- Your lawyer can guide you as to what types of damages you can file for. An accident injury calls for medical bills, loss of income, physical trauma, emotional suffering for the injured and their family, and the cost of your motorcycle repair.
- In case your injury is so grave that you might never be able to find meaningful employment or remain bedridden for life or an undefined period of time, then your motorcycle accident lawyer can counsel you on how to proceed here.
- In case of injuries leading to the death of the motorcycle driver, a lawyer can help the family of the deceased to get the compensation for the losses resulting from the accident.
Speak With A Skilled Legal Professional Today
At Hoag Law Firm, P.A., our team has the insight you need to get the results you deserve. Discuss your situation with our experienced attorney and learn whether you have a strong claim. You can reach our office via our online form or by calling 727-739-8665.